Women of Grace
The Women of Grace are Christian women who gather to grow in faith, offer support to one another in life and work in ministry and action. It is up to each woman, as an individual, to determine how active she would like to be.
Women of Grace sew and assemble quilts for Lutheran World Relief. Quilters meet on Tuesdays twice per month. In 2018 they created 56 Quilts, 70 Baby Layettes, 56 School Kits, and 44 Health Kits.
Women of Grace hold two major fundraisers each year. In February we hold a Bakeless Bake Sale, and in April we host the Annual Rummage Sale. Funds raised from each of these events allow us to support many activities at Grace as well as in the community. Monies raised from these fundraisers enable the Women on Grace to:
- Contribute to Youth Mission Trips
- provide gifts to Shut-ins
- provide food for Bloodmobiles
- pay for Baptismal supplies and materials for Baptismal Banners
- Pay for the Portals of Prayers Devotional
- pay for Proclaim Home Nursery (Materials and postage for preschool children and their
- pay for kitchen supplies,
- provide Christmas Gifts to area charities
- administer gifts given as memorials through the Women of Grace
Women of Grace also coordinate a Thankoffering service in November, provide supplies for quilts for graduates, keep in touch with the congregation’s college students through the “We Care” writing program, decorate the sanctuary for Easter with flowers donated by parishioners, hold an annual Salad Supper/Baby Shower to gather items for Lutheran World Relief, hold an annual Advent dinner with a Prayer Pal exchange.
Women of Grace are women of all ages and all interests who wish to act boldly on their faith in Jesus
Christ. All are welcome